Tuesday, November 25, 2008

rewind.

a couple excerpts from my archives.. dating back to as far as 2004, not more recent than 2006. if this isn't reason enough to keep writing, i don't know what is..



...although my water's cut off and i bathe in my own tears
and the faucet handle's my one true love and i fear
i wont be cryin tears of joy no more cuz she might go mainstream
just like music...


...They said my thoughts aren't worth nothin so I'm runnin from nothing
People left and right look at me like I would never be something
look in my eyes, hear my heart and blood flowing
I know my creator went through the process of bestowing
within me the knowledge of a old one who spent time in concentration
or one who tried to flee waiting at a underground station...


...dont try to fuck wit me
ill currently make u part of history...


...try bein victim to a heart attack, not by cholesterol or shock
but maybe emotion, or the shells from the glock
flyin like birds in a flock
the desert eagle ridin city wings
travelin block to block
goin through plenty things
brushin past a shoulder of one waitin at a bus stop
right over the candy paint of a drop top
placin a scratch on a badge as it passes a cop
right into the heart of a child playin on the library's scenic rock...


...my thoughts compose nocturnes, words appropriate for the night
the way I feel in my place this world is too dark for sunlight
I wonder If I died and came back where would I be
see reflections from water that fell from the roof or through a diamond's gleam...


...I need ya touch and I need ya kisses
it's like my love is a chain, but you the link im missin
I admire ya eyes and lips, how they always glisten
If you eva had to repeat yaself, it's not that I didn't listen
I jus wanted to hear ya voice once more, once again
I bet only you can feel my heartbeat while you holdin my hand...


...every sabbath the sun rises to "God Love Us" by Nas
my gospel, a change from music that goes covered wit lies
I sit and wonder, who counted every scar Jesus recieved on his back
who made it manditory that there'd be eight or siteen bars on a track...


...the hypnotizin smile, most beautiful thing in the world
can make the most shallow grow roots deep into this world
her eyes ligt up the midnite sky, and no matter what they say, life will neva pass her by
cuz itll want a permanent look at her, not from a distance
if moon got glimpse, it'd stop revolvin in a instant...


...As he sits and thinks how he got into this mess
he goes back in time, not to when he started his protest
but back to when he was neglected and alone
when his parents fought while that lady was sittin in the bed of his home
with no words to explain how bad his world spins
he's slowly turning into the man full of hatred and sin
his thoughts bring him back to his time, one last place before he's claimed deceased
there's nothing left that he can do, but pray, under his jail sheets...


...like twisted weather I'm cold but I bring heat to a track
wit my name in ya mouth like I'm the wash that's fightin the plaque...


...didnt trip when she kept starin off to the
side of my pocket...


...rinse my face in flowing water, eyes red from sleep
possibly crying before my wake, dreams aren't reality
legit reason? will they ever be mirror imagery?
with whats before the barrier physically in front of me
told me I'd accomplish all if I tried
so could I capture her beauty, just to hold by my side...


i think i've embarassed myself enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok when i first saw that i was like "shit gotta read all this"
but midway through it i realized "hey not half bad"
so thank you for putting me through that painfully beautiful experience
oh and by the way you realize your name is pronounced uuuu-wren right its like the hood type way of saying Aaron......
just a random thought