Monday, September 8, 2008

voodoo.

downtime.

i kept up with my internet course. i played mariokart wii. i do not like taking internet courses. they're easy and yeah you don't have to go anywhere. but you tend to forget about them if you're me. good thing nothing was due until wednesday, but at least i kno i have a test thursday. i wonder how easy it will be to cheat. or will it be timed so i don't have enough time to look up answers. i'm not saying i'm set on cheating, but it sounds like a take-home test. well i am taking it at home i guess..

so ever since my first stencil i've been doing more and more. every day this weekend i made a new one. friday i made a paper plane for our logo. saturday i drew my glasses with a bullet hole through a lens, when the shirt is out of the dryer i'll take a pic and post it. it's nice. sunday i challenged my limits. i have this jack sparrow keychain thats made out of cheap cloth and yarn, kinda looks like a voodoo doll. i drew it out and turned it into a stencil. mind you it took me more than a hour to cut every shape out, but it was well worth it. i sprayed it white onto a vintage black thermal sweater. that pic will be posted at the end. this got me thinking, i love stenciling. this is like my anti-drug, or my new drug. it's funny how i started with art when i was a little kid, went to an art highschool, etc. i did not want to be an artist however. i went to culinary school, that's an art, but it's different from what i didn't want to be. now that i picked up stenciling and fashion, however, i'm realizing that this is just one of my things. i don't think there's gonna be any running from it.

3 comments:

[Alex]. said...

whoa, i'm stealin that.

Anonymous said...

hmm i like it a lot very unique!...ok maybe u guys can use my doodles lol

~Alina~

K. Denise said...

I like that. ....and I have to play you in mario kart..